Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fishing Report: Sugar Hollow Reservoir

Wednesday, July 8th I took a quick late afternoon trip up to Sugar Hollow Reservoir with my buddy, David. The weather was perfect and the bass were definitely biting. Overall I think we hauled in about 6 bass, two of which were of pretty decent size.
We started at the dam and just walked along the shoreline fishing all of the good locations. David was using my go-to Yamamoto Senkos while I was fishing with my new favorite bass streamer, CK Baitfish. Yet another awesome fly by Chuck Kraft. I fish it just like I do a Senko. Just let it hit the water and fall slowly without twitching it. This usually will get a fish to bite immediately as it's got some great movement to it as it falls. Then I'll give it a 6 inch strip in every so often to bring it back up before letting it fall again.
David talks to fish, btw.

This lake is just teeming with fish. We barely walked 1/8 a mile around the shoreline. For the more adventuresome fishermen, I imagine the far shorelines hold some huge fish that haven't seen a lure/fly in a long time. (No boating allowed on the lake, fyi)

1 comment:

  1. Senkos are great for largemouth, but I love using topwater for bass. It's so exciting to see the fish coming out of the water. Took my girlfriend out bass fishing and she loved it.

    ReplyDelete