Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Will Catch a Carp on the Fly This Year

Just saw this awesome video over at one of my favorite local blogs, Mike's Catch Report.  I don't know if it's the music, the ridiculously huge carp taking flies off of the surface, or the sick casts that this guy pulls off, but it has reinforced my determination to catch a carp this year on the fly.  Fortunately for us here in Charlottesville, there are numerous places we can go to try and make it happen.



In other news, not much fishing going on for me these next two weeks as I still have a ways to go before I take my board exam.  As for the others: Rich will soon be departing for a ridiculously awesome trip, Kyle truly is making the catch of a lifetime, and I suspect that Scott has a post coming up soon about his recent trip down in southwest Virginia.

If you are curious, the reports from around the area have been that the fishing is good and that the water levels are finally starting to calm down.  With all of this beautiful weather we're having, I suspect there will be some perfect opportunities to see some great hatches going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment