Thursday, April 16, 2009

Virginia Fly Fishing Festival This Weekend

I know that if I were a sane person, after the physiology test on Saturday morning I would head straight back to the library to start cramming for the human behavior exam on Monday. Instead, I'll be heading to the VA Fly Fishing Festival over in Waynesboro (it'll be located where the South River tag is on our Google Map). For anyone else crazy enough, it should be a great chance to meet others who are interested in fly fishing. I know that the guys from Albemarle Angler will be there as will the Trow Brothers from Mossy Creek.

I'm particularly interested in listening to what Capt. Cory Routh has to say about flyfishing from your kayak which will happen around 1 pm on Saturday. Cory is the author of the book, Kayak Fishing: The Complete Guide, which is a book I definitely have wanted to get my hands on now for a while. That reminds me... I still need to figure out how to put my fishfinder on my kayak.

I'm also interested in checking out the flyrods and reels from the local company, Fly Fishing Benefactors. From what I've read, such as this great review of the San Juan rod from Steve over at Switch Fisher, it sounds like they make great stuff for amazing prices. If what I've read is true, I'll most likely be leaving with a new rod just in time to get used to it before my trip to the Catskill Mountains in two weeks.

Weather forecast for Saturday is perfect. Hopefully I'll see some of you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment