Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fishing Report: Upper Rapidan River

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to have my first fishing trip of the fall. The weather was perfect with a mild breeze sending an early batch of chlorophyll-less American Beech leaves sailing.

I dabbled in tossing nymphs for only a few minutes before I saw a single dark mayfly; Enough incentive for me to throw on a newly tied Parachute Adams. Ten minutes later I was hooked on to a very fat, very lively Brooke trout that managed to drag me down two pools (that's what happens when you insist on using 7x tippet in the Park.)

Lately I've been finding myself doing less fishing when I go fishing. This time was no exception. After catching enough trout to healthily pad my ego I spent the rest of the afternoon vegetating before having to return to the hustle and bustle of life.

All in all, a wonderful day to be out on the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment