Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mossy Creek 3/16/10





This is my first blog posting ever. Actually, to be honest, other than this blog, I have never read any other blog before. But after a day like yesterday, I couldn't help myself but get on and post some pictures of the chunky browns from Mossy Creek. Cameron and I made the trek out to Mossy Creek yesterday and had a beautiful day to fish. The sun was in and out and the water was runnin a bit high and mirky. All in all it was a PERFECT day to fish. Sportin my faded plaid board shorts and knee high camo hunting boots, i felt a bit out of place as we ran into some more properly dressed fishermen, but realized it isn't necessarily the gear that will make you catch fish.


We fished a LOT of river from about 12:30 to 5:30 or so. We went upstream and down, throwing Kreelix and streamers of sorts, even the occasional hopper fly or dry fly. There was no action for a while, but the weather was beautiful and it couldn't have been a nicer day. Finally, later in the afternoon, as Cameron was busy nappin on the river bank, I was lazily tossing my Kreelix across the river. As I was stripping it back in to make another cast, I thought I saw a little flash behind my fly. I flipped the fly back out and let it swing back along the near bank downstream of me and started strippin the fly upstream. Sure enough, the fly got to the same spot and I saw a big brown emerge from underneath the bank and roll over the fly. I set the hook and had FISH ON! Finally, after about a good ten minute fight, I netted a beautiful big brown trout. After a few pictures, I moved a ways downstream and literally within 5 minutes, underneath an overhanging brush pile, I hooked up on another beautiful fish. Landing these two fish made what was already a great day on the water even better.


Spring is movin in, the weather is getting great, and its time to get back on the water and get bent on some big fish!

1 comment: