Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fishing Report: Mossy Creek 9/9/09

Cam, Kyle, and I skipped town yesterday afternoon to check out Mossy Creek. We had classic Mossy Creek weather - dark and rainy with a few breaks for sun to peak through. The river was pretty low when we started out and the grass has grown quite a bit over the summer, but once the rain came, the river swelled a couple of inches before our eyes. Even though we had perfect conditions, we had some trouble landing trout. Kyle and Cameron each hooked up with a couple of nice browns on hoppers, but they all broke off. The browns were in all the usual places, undercuts in the bank, and popping out from under the moss in the channels. We did manage to land some chubs, however (Dad, you can still lovingly call me the "chub master" if you must).


Despite my history of marginal luck there, I still love fishing Mossy because the fishing is technical and it is one of the prettiest places around. Going fishing with my buds Cam and Kyle was perfect way to get back to fishing after a month on the sidelines.

1 comment:

  1. You're site is great. I enjoyed reading about the trip to the Mossy. Here is a blog I have with a few stories about Mossy Creek too. My site is nothing compared to yours though. rick
    http://ridpathflylines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete